Looking for a deliciously creamy and rich baba ganoush to wow the family with?
Then this 6 ingredient, oven baked recipe has you covered. The smooth, rich eggplant pairs wonderfully with the savory and tangy flavors of the lemon and tahini. To top it off, it’s naturally gluten-free and vegan!
Time : 1hr , Serves: 4 People
2 large eggplant(1.5 to 1.75 lbs each)
4 tablespoons SoCo Tahini
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 garlic cloves,finely minced (use a garlic press)
Extra virgin olive oil
¼ of a Cup of Fresh Parsley - adds a boost of flavor and color.
White or black sesame seeds - for extra crunch, contrast, and nutrition.
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of salt of pepper.
Toasted Pita Bread and chopped veggies.
- Position rack at the top of the oven, preheat oven to high - 180C or 350F.
- On a chopping board, cut the eggplants in half lengthways.
- Cut the flesh in a crisscross pattern to allow for even cooking. Make sure you don’t cut through the skins.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then place on a baking tray, flesh side up.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until soft, poke it with a skewer, if it meets any resistance then it needs longer.
- Remove the eggplants from oven, and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Then remove the skin, it should peel off easily.
- Place the minced garlic, tahini, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, and the eggplant in a food processor.
- Blitz the ingredients together until nice and thick, add in any herbs or cumin you want for the last blitz.
- Transfer to a bowl, and enjoy!
Sprinkle with parsley, sesame seeds and a light drizzle of oil.
Serve with pita and chopped veggies.