This is one of our favorite Halloween treats. Excite those trick or treaters with a delightful treat!Tahini adds delightful warmth to this cookie dough, which blunts the sweetness and makes it nuttier.
- 1/4 cup SoCo Tahini
- 1 cup vegan butter (or butter of your choice) softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 mashed banana (or 2 eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix SoCo Tahini, butter, sugar, eggs, and extracts with an electric mixer or food processor until uniform, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until dough forms.
- Roll into two balls, wrap in plastic wrap (or place in a zip-top bag), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out cookies using cutter shapes of your choice and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Tops of cookies will not brown.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIE ICING
- Sift powder sugar into a bowl.
- Add corn syrup, extract, and oat milk (or any milk of your choice)
- Stir ingredients vigorously until no lumps remain. If making colored icing, divide into bowls and add food coloring.
- To frost cookies, pipe an outline around the edge of the cookie. Fill in outline with icing.