Have you made tahini chickpea blondies before?
These are our absolute favorite blondies! They are a very nourishing treat and are vegan, flourless, and naturally sweetened.
If you haven't tried them yet, we hope you will! They're so easy and fast to make, are loaded with protein and fiber, and taste insanely delicious.
9 - 16 Brownies
Prep Time - 15 min
Baking time - 30 min
Paleo | Vegan | Kosher
- Coconut oil for preparing the baking pan
- 15 oz can of chick peas, drained and thoroughly washed
- 1 c almond flour, packed. Make sure it's light-colored, blanched almond flour instead of almond meal.
- 0.5 c SoCo Tahini & Dates.
- 0.5 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 c chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top. Vegan if that's how you roll.
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles, plus more for sprinkling on top. Optional but awesome! There are numerous naturally-colored options out there
- Preheat the oven to 350 and thoroughly oil an 8x8 baking pan. Note that this is a sticky dough, so oiling is critical! Conversely, you can line the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper, which is fail-proof.
- Measure all ingredients except the chocolate chips and sprinkles into a food processor. Process until you have a thick, creamy dough that's homogeneous throughout. No chick pea lumps please!
- Remove the blade from the food processor and add the chocolate and sprinkles. Mix everything together with a spoon or spatula until the add-ins are evenly incorporated.
- Spread the dough into the prepared baking dish with a spatula; it may need some persuasion. Try to create a layer of even thickness that goes all the way into the corners.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with an additional generous handful of chocolate chips and some sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Keep a close eye on it toward the end, since you don't want brown edges. They will feel soft, which is okay- this will yield a delightfully gooey blondie!
- Cool completely if you want to be able to cut the blondies neatly. If you don't care about messy squares, dig right in! They're heavenly when warm out of the oven.
- Store the blondies in a sealed container in the fridge; they'll hold their shape better. You can either enjoy them cold, or reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave. They also freeze nicely, as long as you keep them tightly sealed