This super fast, tasty and healthy Tahini Caramel Popcorn is perfect for back to school snacks!
Easy | Vegan | Gluten-Free | Healthy | Delicious
We all know the struggles of providing our children with easy, tasty and healthy lunch box options, that's what makes this recipe so appealing. Tahini Caramel Popcorn creates a perfect bite-size, crunchy and sweet snack that your kids will love.
We recommend you pair it with our dreamily creamy, wholesome tahini and fresh veggie sticks for a nutritional kick. Find the recipe here.
Servings: 6 people.
For the popcorn:
- ⅓ Popcorn Kernels
- 1tbs butter
- 1 tbs. of Dates or Dark Roast SoCo Tahini
- ½ cup rice malt syrup or dark agave syrup
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Leave this for now.
- Heat the butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted test to see if it hot enough by placing a couple of corn kernels in the saucepan. The corn kernels will spin around slowly in a circle if it is hot enough.
- Once hot enough, add all the other corn kernels and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat when corn stops popping. Transfer to a large bowl. Discard any un-popped corn
- In another saucepan on medium-low heat place the rice malt syrup, SoCo Tahini, butter, vanilla and salt, keep stirring until it melts and combines.
- Bring to the boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn.
- Stir well and don't take too long or it will set!
- Spread the caramel popcorn mix onto the prepared baking tray.
- Set aside to cool, then break into pieces