Back To School Kid-Friendly Tahini Caramel Popcorn
This super fast, tasty and healthy Tahini Caramel Popcorn is perfect for back to school snacks!
We all know the struggles of providing our children with easy, tasty and healthylunch box options, that's what makes this recipe so appealing. Tahini Caramel Popcorn creates a perfect bite-size, crunchy and sweet snack that your kids will love.
We recommend you pair it with our dreamily creamy, wholesome tahini and fresh veggie sticks for a nutritional kick. Find the recipe here.
For the popcorn:
- ⅓ Popcorn Kernels
- 1tbs plant-based butter
For the caramel:
- ½ cup rice malt syrup or dark agave syrup
- 1 tbs. plant-based butter
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Leave this for now.
- Heat the plant-based butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the plant-based butter is melted test to see if it hot enough by placing a couple of corn kernels in the saucepan. The corn kernels will spin around slowly in a circle if it is hot enough.
- Once hot enough, add all the other corn kernels and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat when corn stops popping. Transfer to a large bowl. Discard any un-popped corn
- In another saucepan on medium-low heat place the rice malt syrup, SoCo Tahini, plant-based butter, vanilla and salt, keep stirring until it melts and combines.
- Bring to the boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn.
- Stir well and don't take too long or it will set!
- Spread the caramel popcorn mix onto the prepared baking tray.
- Set aside to cool, then break into pieces
- Now you're lunch box ready!