Energizing Summer Glow Salad
A detoxifying, skin focused, nutrient-rich super salad that will make you glow from the inside out.
We all know a healthy gut equals healthy-looking skin—that’s why we added protein-rich tahini and chickpeas, immunity-boosting microgreens and watermelon radish, Vitamin E rich avocado, and Vitamin C packed sweet potato, tomatoes, and red cabbage. So that your skin can get a bounty of essential vitamins, oils, antioxidants and proteins to help nourish and heal your skin, all while boosting your natural glow!
Plus the all-important vitamin A + beta-carotene! They are found in sweet potato and yellow bell peppers, when consumed daily is known to add a nice warm glow to the skin, help you produce more collagen and acts as a natural sunblock.
- 1 avocado
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 cup of microgreens or sprouts
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Half a red cabbage
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 watermelon daikon radish.
- 1 yellow capsicum.
- A dash of pepper and salt.
- Chop the sweet potato into small pieces, add a pinch of salt and boil until tender, around 10 - 12 minutes.
- Chickpeas you can leave raw or pan-fry for 5 minutes.
- While the other food is cooking, chop the cabbage, avocado, and capsicum.
- Add it to your salad bowl with the sprouts, lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the sweet potato and crispy chickpeas.
- Last but not least, sprinkle some pepper and drizzle a spoonful of SoCo Tahini over it and enjoy!
Photo credit:Trainer Academy