This delicious plant-based side dish is perfect for festive family dinners. With a swoosh of our yummy tahini to give that perfect finish. This recipe is by the chef Douglas Katz @chefdouglaskatz.
1 Pound brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
2 Ounces EVOO
2 whole shallots, peeled and sliced
½ Cup SoCo Artisanal Tahini
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds
1 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the brussels sprouts shallots, EVOO and the salt and pepper to taste in a medium sized bowl
- Place the brussels sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until browned
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, combine the tahini (stir well) with the lemon juice and the water and stir until smooth and season to taste with kosher salt
- Set aside
- To plate, spoon the tahini on a plate and spread or swoosh the tahini to thickly coat the plate.
- Spoon the hot brussels sprouts into the center of the swoosh and top with the pomegranate seeds and finish with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses