Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs. vegan butter
- 1tbs. olive oil
- 7 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbs. vegan crème Fraiche
- 1.5 tbs. Turmeric root powder
- 5 Cups of hot water
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Pumpkin seeds for decoration
- Mix the vegan crème Fraiche with the tahini and paprika.
- Heat the oil and vegan butter in the pressure cooker (or pot).
- Add the onion, garlic & carrot and sweat off. stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not let the onions or carrots brown.
- Add the Vegetable stock, ginger, tomato, sweet potato, paprika, turmeric and add enough extra water to cover. Season with salt and place the lid on.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes in the pressure cooker or 30 minutes if in a pot.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend with a stick blender until smooth or can use a standard masher
- Serve with the tahini and vegan creme Fraiche, another pinch of paprika and pumpkin seeds.