Naturally, as we step into Spring, it breathes new life into the world around us. It's the season where the weather, flowers, and sun are reborn; after the cold of winter, it brings light and color to the natural world. Unfortunately, most people's joy for spring has been set aside with all the current hype, fear and stress surrounding the current coronavirus outbreak. We would like to take a moment to tell you we take your health and food safety very seriously. As you know, here at SoCo we uphold the highest standards for hygiene, sanitation, and quality. Studies have shown that coronavirus does not likely to survive in food, nevertheless, we continue to prevent the potential spread of germs in all our manufacturing with additional third-party lab tests on each batch before we distribute, as our entire family and friends eat our tahini. In the next few weeks, we will share more immune system boosters recipes, mainly on our Instagram to help keep both you and our team safe and healthy during this period. It is very important to boost our immune system. The strength of the immune system varies from person to person and, from day to day, as its ability to fight off infection fluctuates depending on many factors. This is our daily 5 ingredients we take to strengthen our body:
- Honey has antimicrobial properties, which may allow it to fight some bacteria and viruses. It also helps soothe a sore throat or cough.
- Spirulina, studies suggest that spirulina increases the production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins and other cells that improve immunity and help fight infection and chronic illnesses
- Ginger, because it's a strong antioxidant and naturally helps boost the immune system, helps kill the cold virus, and detoxes the system by relaxing the intestinal tract. So if you’re experiencing stomach knots from flu and illness anxiety, ginger may be the best thing to help calm your upset stomach
- Vitamin C intake is one of the easiest ways to boost your immune system. It is essential for helping to ward off sickness and promote a healthy immune system. Vitamin C is also required for the growth and repair of cells, assists with nutrient absorption and even has an impact on our mood and energy levels.
- Zinc which has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of colds, by acting directly in the throat, which is why the timing and duration of use matters when treating colds with zinc.
Be extra patient with yourself, there’s a lot going on. Given all that is happening, you may not be performing as efficiently as you would like, take breaks to recharge and refocus and cut yourself a lot of slack
So spring into this season with our immunity-boosting smoothie.
Ultimate Immunity Booster Smoothie
- 1 green apple
- 3cm cube ginger
- 1 tsp honey (we like Manuka or Buckwheat Honey)
- 1 orange
- handful of blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 1tsp SoCo Tahini
- 1tsp of organic spirulina
- 1tsp of organic Zinc
- 2 cups of Oat or Almond Milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Serve immediately and enjoy the benefits
- Optional: sprinkle cardamom and cinnamon on top